Thursday, March 27, 2008

binge, cringe

i was kind of a weird teenager. "yeah, yeah, so was i," i can hear you say. let me explain...

during the summer of 1992 i listened to two albums, back to back, several times a day, every day, over and over all summer.





i took my walkman and these 2 tapes EVERYWHERE. we vacationed on the florabama coast (aka the redneck rivieria) and i would stay inside the condo listening to my skinny puppy/wham! loop while my brother and sister were soaking up the sun.

for a teensy little taste of the fun i had that summer, watch these videos. i've included the infamous "banned" video for worlock, my favorite track off the skinny puppy album. i didn't know too much about them at the time, but apparently they were staunch vocal opponents of animal cruelty. interestingly enough, i stopped eating meat that same summer. coincidence?

unfortunately i couldn't find a video for credit card baby, one of my favorite tracks off the wham album. i did find a homemade video for heartbeat made of clips from my little pony tales, but in the end i decided to go with this rainbow-soaked lip synching dance party extravaganza performance of freedom.

enjoy. and then enjoy again. and again. and again.



2 comments:

S4NtA_MU3rTE said...

binge, purge... watch both videos simultaneously. FUCK!!!

samit said...

Marco- you think you could mix those two? I keep hearing 'habitual resistor.
roughed up edge, fluent nudge, pre-collect ignition.
motivation inexistant.

wasted views,
thats all they see blue,
hot blood, guilt, optic nerve.

intermixed with: 'you can have my credit card baby
but keep your red hot fingers off my heart
lady


red hot fingers? hot blood? hot? coincidence?