Monday, July 20, 2009

Slowed & Surrealed (mix download)


I've been a fan of "Screw Music" (the Houston based legacy of slowing down music) for a few years now. I recently found that peeps were slowing down all kinds of music, it really gives it an eerie quality. So I gave it a whirl.

Instead of "Chopped & Screwed" or "Slowed & Throwed," I call my take "Slowed and Surrealed." It's less of a DJ mix and more of a production experiment (slowed, flanged, bassed and reverbed).

DJ4AM - Slowed & Surrealed 1:

The Flamingoes "I Only Have Eyes For You"
Jimi Hendrix "...Electric Ladyland"
Bob Marley "Slave Driver" (Jamaican Version)
Prince "The Beautiful Ones"
The Doors "Indian Summer"
R.A.M.P "Everybody Loves The Sunshine"
Lenny Kravitz "Black Girl"
The Notations "I'm Still Here"
The Tequniques "Love Is Not A Gamble"
The Deftones "Teenager"

This is some real late night hype, downtempo for the end of the world (Le Fin Absolute Du Monde).

Get U Some!

No comments: